Sunday, May 15, 2011

MORE STATUES!



Hello Viewers! I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, but here I am sitting at my computer typing up another post! OK yesterday I went to the SAM museum of art and took some pictures of a lot of things that were very modern and cool, but this statue I'm showing you today is my favorite statue of all time! It's called Le Sumeur/ Sunlight and Flies. this amazing sculpture is made completely out of glass bottles, silicone, and rubber corks, along with that the piece that makes up the face is a mirror. I am very interested in things that are made up of everyday materials. It makes me think that if we try and keep to it we can make some of this modern art. It think that this sculpture made by Jerry Pethick really captures that.

Hope you like my blog
L.E
p.s this sculpture took 18 years to make (1984-2002)

1 comment:

  1. yeah!!!! L.E. is blogging again. I like that sculpture, too. Great description and comment. You rock, girl!

    ReplyDelete